State of Climate Policy in B.C.
In B.C., we emit 64.5 million tonnes (Mt) of carbon pollution each year. B.C. has legislated requirements to reduce carbon emissions to 39 million tonnes by 2030 (40% of 2007 levels) and 13 million tonnes by 2050 (80% of 2007 levels) (Figure 1).While B.C. is fortunate to have large hydroelectricity capacity, we still rely heavily on fossil fuels to meet the majority of our energy needs (e.g. gasoline and diesel for transportation, natural gas for heating homes and buildings).
CleanBC: a climate, energy, and economic strategy In December 2018, the province introduced a new climate plan, CleanBC, that builds on a decade of climate action experience in B.C. CleanBC aims to achieve emissions reductions across all sectors, transition from fossil fuels to more clean energy, create clean jobs, and grow the economy. The policies and programs described in CleanBC are expected to achieve 75% of B.C.’s 2030 emissions reduction target (equivalent to 18.9 million tonnes of reductions). Many of the policies in CleanBC are among the most ambitious in Canada/North America. Additional reduction measures are required to address the remaining 25% gap in order to meet the province’s full climate commitment.
About Westeck Windows and Doors
Westeck is a premier manufacturer of windows and doors. All major North American and European windows and doors are locally manufactured and proudly displayed in seven well-appointed showrooms including Kelowna, Victoria, Vancouver, Chilliwack, Nanaimo, Seattle, Washington and our NEW showroom opening in September 2019 in Bellingham, Washington! As each window and door is built to order, our customer have the freedom to design and create a product that is unique and personal. Enjoy our latest line of doors designed to enhance modern and contemporary architecture.