Best Practice Guide for Replacement Windows and Doors
Finally after 3 long years of work and waiting it is ready for distribution!
This comprehensive guide explains best practices for window and door replacement in wood-frame buildings, from single-family homes to multi-unit residential buildings.
It's intended to help industry meet consumer expectations, provide quality installations and achieve high performance for all types of window and door replacement projects. Applying the latest building science, it offers practical information and useful guidelines to help ensure that these products are replaced in a way that improves the durability of building enclosures.
A valuable reference tool for construction industry professionals, including builders, replacement contractors, window and door manufacturers and others, this Guide:
- Considers the wide variety of current installation practices
- Explores the range of window and door products available in the market
- Provides educational information and guidelines
- Details Building Code requirements for replacement and installation procedures
- Includes a comprehensive list of installation detailing samples
- Addresses unique challenges presented by BC's coastal climate
The guide was developed in partnership with the HomeOwners Protection Office, BC Hydro PowerSmart and the City of Vancouver.
The guide is available in electronic format and printed.
Click here to download the order form.
For a sample of the guide click here.
To see the Table of Contents click here.
To learn more about Westeck Windows and Doors, please click on the respective link.
If you would like to talk to someone about Westeck products for your Home or Business, please call toll free on 1-877-606-1166